Sunday, April 5, 2009

Say hello to my little friends

This past week was filled with it's ups and down, but we survived and are ready for another week.  Praise God.  The highlight of our week came on Saturday when we went to the mall.  We all got some new shoes, I got my haircut, and while that happened Kevin entertained the kids at the mall.  That alone is good for me, but Kevin took the kids into a pet store and although they enjoyed the dogs and hamsters, they also enjoyed the little hermit crabs.  Hermit crabs I can do.  So we got them some.  They have been entranced for the past two days with them.  One of them is called Soccer Ball, and the other is Blue.  It is because they have painted a soccer ball and Blue from Blue's clues on them.  Not original, but not confusing also.  

Before you scroll to the crabs, here are a few other pictures from the week.  I captured a photo Kevin helping me in the kitchen.  I made ten meals to freeze this afternoon, and Kevin helped me with the meatballs.  

Here is Daniel playing on a new playground that I found this week at Shed Park in Lowell.  Love it!  It is big, and fenced in, and close, and has sprinkler park at it for when it gets warmer.  
Here are pictures of the crabs.  I honestly hope I don't kill them.  
Do you see the little shells on the floor?
Soccer ball is a lot faster than Blue.  It is fun watching them through the eyes of the kids.  
This week will go by quickly.  We are considering getting gymnastics lessons for Daniel while he is getting faster, I am getting slower.  I am going to check that out this week, meet up with some friends, and Kevin's family is going to be in at the end of the week for Easter weekend. So if  you have any advice for hermit crabs, or freezer cooking, let me know!

4 comments:

Jamison Family said...

freezing cooking sounds like something I should look into too!

One Picky Family said...

just don't freeze cook the hermit crabs

Mary Thorson said...

aahhh...their 1st pet! What a great idea!

Sandra Libby said...

Freezer cooking...BUY A COW!!!!!