Sunday, April 19, 2009

Zoo

This weekend we went to the zoo with the kids.  While we were there we took the opportunity to get an annual family pass, I think we will be there a few more times this year, and I can bring some friends too. This picture is of Kevin's favorite moment at the zoo, just sitting there eating with the kids.  
Daniel got to see a turtle, up close and personal.


I think this picture is funny because Rachel would meow when she saw the big kitty's, although not quite the ones you would want to cuddle with.  She still has her favorite plush toy as a cat, so we hear a lot of meowing during the week.  
The no pacifier thing is going pretty well, sometimes I see him trying to swipe one, but I tell him it is Rachel's and he is pretty good at getting rid of it.  We are finding him talking a lot more, or maybe we just notice it a little more.

Kevin's been pretty busy with work, and sometimes I don't think I realized that he has only been in this position for a few months.  I think we are still adjusting to the different demands of work and family.  The only thing constant is change, as the old saying goes, but God is still working on us, and we can be thankful for that.   

Every April 19th or so they celebrate Patriot's day in New England.  I always think that it would be cool to see a reenactment of some of the historical stuff, especially since I have been learning about the Revolution lately and this is where all the action was, but the date rolls around, and 5:30 is just too early to be out there.  So I will watch the Boston Marathon tomorrow, and see all these people in super good shape, and look forward to when I can run again, for my recognition of Patriot's day.  

No comments: