Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Gymnastics

This week we began a session of gymnastics for Daniel.  I was nervous for him, would he pay attention and listen to the instructor, could he go through the lessons by himself?  Well we got there a little early and got comfortable with the surroundings.  Once the lessons began, he cried for me to go with him for one second, but after that he was golden.  He was so happy to play and run and jump, he didn't really miss me, which means I can have some one on one time with Rachel as he gets more comfortable.  He actually cried more when we had to leave.  It was 45 minutes of action, and he still wanted more.  Daniel has so much energy!  

Here they are having some floor time.  

Here he is patiently waiting for the lessons to start.  He is armed with his Diego shirt and ready to go!

Here is a brief video of some of the things he was doing.  I was surprised how quickly he picked up a few things, and not so surprised when he ran off to check out a new thing in the room.  We will miss next week's lesson, but I think this will be a good change of pace for all of us.  I am still praying for wisdom how to handle a three year old, it can be exhausting, but I am learning to take it one day and situation at a time.  

1 comment:

One Picky Family said...

How fun for Daniel! And I totally understand about difficulties of parenting a 3yo!