Thursday, April 23, 2009

There are good people in the world, part 2

Today I went for a long drive to visit a friend who was in the area with her in-laws.  Lisa and I were friends in college, and I have been blessed to have kept in touch with her all these years.  I am also thankful her husband's family lives in MA, so she can come to the area and I can see her.

We had a pleasant afternoon and it was time for me to go home.  I had my GPS ready, the DVD all set, and some snacks and drinks ready to go for the ride home.  Well, I thought I may have left something back at Lisa's inlaws house, so I went to pull off to check in the back and I cut the corner too quickly.  My tired popped and I was in the Honeydew Donut Parking lot, with two kids in the back and 7 months pregnant.  

I didn't get too upset, I have roadside assistance and got out to ask one of the workers at Honeydew the address so I could get a some assistance.  The employee offered to change my tire for me, which I happily accepted.  Her boss had come out and helped us too, and in 20 minutes the tire was changed.  He even gave some pointers on how to do it along the way.  Daniel was just a little concerned that his gray car was broken, and I had to explain how mom had broken it.  The man mentioned there was a tire place right down the road that I could get the tired checked out at, so a few moments later I was in the parking lot getting help there.  Then I drove home.

So in my accidental quest I have found more folks out there willing to help out a person in need.  It is humbling to need all the help, but I thank God for leading me to the right parking lot, for helping me know who to ask for help, for the patience, and keeping us safe in the mean time.  And I think I am going to get some Honeydew Donuts in the future.  

No comments: