Wednesday, March 4, 2009

May I introduce you to...

Daniel and Rachel, but as you probably don't know them.

I have the hardest time getting Daniel to eat vegetables, and although he is getting better, there is one thing that I am surprised he eats....Hummus.  I have a very simple recipe for Hummus, and he enjoys making it and eating it with pretzels.  He often licks it up with his fingers to make sure he gets everything.  

And take Rachel.  Some evenings I have a hard time getting her to eat dinner, but recently I was startled when she wanted to eat the pasta dinner I made for Kevin and me.  I thought it would be a little too much for her, it was a white cream sauce with cut up mushrooms, spinach, and chicken in it over angle hair pasta.  She loved it and had it two evenings in a row.  

I guess they don't always do the typical toddler diet, and I should often have them at least try something new or have a little of what we are having.  And they teach me something new about them every day.  

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Definitely have them try new stuff. I was always amazed by the kids in the nursery (of course not my picky family). They liked stuff I would've never thought. I remember when Isaac was a toddler one day Wendy sent him in spaghetti-o's w/some zuchini in them. Mary and I thought..."he eats everything, but I don't know about that". He ate it all...and when Wendy called to check in she asked how he did, because he had never had it before.
Never underestimate the toddler!And even when they won't eat anything but pb & j, (or hotdogs & cubed cheddar cheese...Austin's toddler life sustinance) for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...don't lose heart, they won't starve themselves.

Sandra Libby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandra Libby said...

Hey Shelley,
Whoever was your "picky" family in the nursery???

Jamison Family said...

hmmm can you send me that recipe for hummas. Andrew actually likes that too!