Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kevin and the Engine

Here is a picture of Kevin and a very large plane engine.  He had the cool picture of the week.  At work he is working on a "re-engining" project and got to go and talk to some of the contractors and see some of the things they do.  I can't really explain it all, but I know it is very expensive and since he is the cost chief he should know!
The sun came out at the end of a cold week.  I mean cold in a few ways, we were all battling the cold, and it was cold.  In this picture below it does look like they are playing together nicely, but a few moments later there was tears and crying with who would be playing with the wagon. 
The object of the week was an orange and blue Dora soccer ball, and it was Daniel's favorite pick of the week.  I think kids just like anything that is a ball.  He got mad when it got dirty, maybe he is not quite ready for organized soccer, but it is funny to see what he is concerned about.  Rachel did get her own princess ball, and loved it just as much.  
The two pictures below seem to summarize my week with Rachel.  She was pretty clingy and sometimes it is hard when you are in the middle of something to take care of a persistent child.  I think taking pictures of her like this helped me to smile at these moments especially when I need to smile and not get mad.  I keep trying to remember that the kids are not this young for long, and these moments that were difficult now will be fondly remembered later.  (Thanks Mom for continually reminding me!)

Other than that we were blessed with a bunch of cute spring and summer clothes for Rachel and the upcoming season, and Kevin is going out and getting our taxes done today.  We usually do Turbo Tax, but with the property in NH we wanted to be sure we were doing things right.  I think March will come in like a lion and out like a lamb.  

1 comment:

Shelley said...

That is a cool pic of Kevin.
Even upset, Rachel is so cute.