Saturday, March 14, 2009

Total Toddler Makeover

With birthdays, family, and pictures coming up, I decided it was time to get Rachel's hair cut.  She really couldn't see in the mornings if I didn't pull her hair back immediately after she woke up.  I didn't think it was going to be a big deal, but afterward she looked like a little girl, and she wasn't a baby to me any longer.  Not that at 17 months she is a baby, it just hit me how much older she is.  She wasn't really bothered by the hair cut itself, she just sat there and enjoyed the lollipop.  I got her picture taken and framed, with a little certificate with a lock of hair for her first haircut.  Yes they do that for parents just like me, for just $3 more!  I got go to back to the store later that day because I left my wallet there that morning, but I was thankful no one took anything out of it.  


We went to the mall afterward, because that is one of Daniel's favorite places to run around, and he is helping me keep Rachel in check.  Sometimes I think Rachel has two moms with how Daniel looks after her.  He is a big help.
There is this dog that is a display at Sears, and the kids have to give it a hug every time we walk by.  
Today Kevin and Daniel got their haircuts at a more manly barber shop, and we were able to enjoy some outdoor time.  I feel bad that I physically can't keep up with Daniel, he looks up to me and asks me if he can run and I have to ask him to walk with me, but on the weekends with his father around he can get all that excess energy out.  

On top of my daughter's first haircut, Daniel is turning three this week.  I am getting excited for my parents, sister, and nephew to come in, and we have a bowling party planned for next weekend.  Sometimes I think an outdoor thing would be nice, but  you never know with this weather.  This week will be prep time for the party and guests.  The presents are already rolling in, thanks Thorsons and Memere and Pepere, we are happy to spread out the joy.  


2 comments:

Jamison Family said...

3 already??? Time flies!

Shelley said...

I can't believe how big they both are. I love Rachel's hair.