Monday, October 12, 2009

Rachel's Birthday Weekend

It was a good birthday weekend with Rachel, and I'll let the pictures do the talking.

On Saturday we went to pick some apples and pumpkins. We had to ride on a tractor out where the apples were ready, and we were all set to go in our VT wear. Daniel needs some VT clothes, but I am sure our trip to VA this Thanksgiving will solve that.
We went for the Cortlands, and here is Noah eyeing a tasty one.

Another family of five helped us out with the family photo.
Where's Rachel and Daniel?


Future farmer of america....
Aw shucks...
We had a good time celebrating in New Bedford with Kevin's family, but I didn't take that many pictures. I worked this morning just for a few hours, and Kevin was in charge, I am trying to break him in easy. He carved the pumpkins with the kids.
Daniel actually took this picture of Kevin and the pumpkins. Daniel didn't like to scoop out the guts of the pumpkins because it was too "orangy". We roasted the seeds and they were yummy.
Tonight we went to the Rainforest Cafe, and then to Build a Bear. Rachel picked out a pink unicorn, and named her Horsey. We were laughing all day because our friend Bill, who takes our trash away, gave her a gift this morning which was a little baby doll. We asked her what the name of the baby was, and she said Jim. So we have baby Jim and Horsey added to the family today.
Here she was trying to carry it home...




So here's to an upcoming year of more words, potty training, hair braiding, princess dancing, tea partying times. It's so fun to have a girl.

4 comments:

Sandra Libby said...

What a great weekend you guys had! Impressive Kevin...kids AND carving pumpkins...NICE!

One Picky Family said...

Super cute~~

Shelley said...

I love the video of Rachel with the box. She is so adorable.

Kristine said...

I love your pumpkin pictures! I agree, it is so much fun having a girl... I can't wait until I can braid Ellie's hair!