Friday, August 7, 2009

Noah at One Month

This week with just one kid went by very quickly. I kept thinking of all the things I could do with just one kid in tow, and it came down to coming home and resting with him.

Noah is now one month old, and I have learned a little more about him this week. He is a true thumb sucker, he will use his own when he finds it, but likes to also suck on my thumb, and pacifier once in a while. Instead of really spitting up, the milk seems to go through the nose, which is a new thing for me. He is already 11 lbs, and eats very well, but also takes a bottle of which I am thankful. He loves the car seat and traveling, there is not one sound when we are in the car. Last of all he is cooing already, and I think he misses the extra noise that the other two seem to bring. As Kevin puts is...he is a good kid.

It was a God sent that the other two weren't here this week, Kevin worked some very late hours, and the rest for me was very helpful. My parents were good with webcaming and texting pictures and updates of the kids, and I look forward to seeing what they have been doing all week. Next weekend we will have time with Kevin's family, and I look forward to introducing Noah to them, meeting the new little cousin, and other new kids in the family. This summer is really going by quick now!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Isn't motherhood awesome. David is also a very good baby...at this stage in my life I think God knew I couldn't handle the stress of a difficult baby, not that he wouldn't have given me whatever I needed to do it...instead he decided to give me a break. God is so good and motherhood is such a blessing. I'm so glad to be sharing this time with you.

Memere G said...

What a fast month! Noah is such a cutie and has a "mature baby" look. Can't wait to hold him:)