Thursday, August 13, 2009

Here and there

Last weekend we picked up the kids from NY. It was a good week for them to be away, but good to have them back, a good time to reset and rest. Daniel can really ride his bike very well now, and we have a little bike that is easier for Rachel to ride too. Rachel also has a new love for sidewalk chalk, and Daniel has learned how to appreciate garages.

My three amigos...I did try to take them all to the mall this week by myself, and it was alright, but still a little too hard to do it too often.
Three necklaces enough?
Daniel has a new Mack truck, with a trailer, for all his cars. I can make a little road for the cars and the kids can play for hours in the front of our home.
That was here, and now we are getting ready to go to New Bedford tomorrow. Daniel has his map out and is looking at where Pepere lives and that we need to take the gray car there. It will be Noah's first visit and I'm looking forward to meeting my new niece Lila.

It doesn't look like there are any more open weekends this summer for us, and the next few weeks are going to be busy with Kevin be gone for a quick business trip next week, and from Aug 24th thru Labor Day. My mother in law will be in town helping me out with the kids, and it will be good to spend some time with her and the kids. It is funny that Kevin was gone for a few weeks when Daniel was first born too...it must be a boy thing. A blessing to report is that Noah is starting to sleep for a few more hours, than just three at night, and it's really helping me out during the day. I appreciate that Noah is easy going in car trips, traveling, and with his siblings, what a blessing.

I'll leave you with a moment with the kids, it still cracks me up to think of the things you find yourself saying to them:


No comments: