Friday, June 5, 2009

We survived!

After a week with work, I am done, Kevin is back from St. Louis, and we all survived!  At this point of my life, with the two kids, work was a break for me.  Some days coming home to the kids was harder than what I did during the day, but it was good to mix things up a little and come back together stronger.

My hat goes off to all of you working women out there, it is hard to do both.  I also noticed that the work environment has changed since I had worked, contracts change, jobs get lost and found, people are concerned about the economy.  That doesn't really affect me as a stay at home mom.  I did miss aspects of working, but overall I was thankful for the opportunity, and am thankful to be home.  

I also know that I need to change things with Daniel, I know all are learning in the journey of parenthood, but with my sister watching the kids for a little she helped me see a few things that may work better for Daniel than I had been doing, and I appreciated that.  It is fun being a part of Michael's life as well, and being his aunt "Mimi", is cool to have a special name from him.

And now I am down to the final weeks of pregnancy, and I still have to slow down a little bit more, my body is hurts if I overexert myself.  My sister leaves on Monday, but will be back in a few weeks to help out with the birth, thanks again Beau!  As for now, we are going to have a relaxing weekend.

2 comments:

Jamison Family said...

The final weeks! I am sure thinking about you all and getting ready for the 3rd :)

Sandra Libby said...

Glad your week at work was good. It is no easy task, especially at just about 9 months pregnant. You are on the final stretch...