Saturday, May 30, 2009

A taste of things to come

My sister and nephew have been in this week, and I am very happy to have them around for another week at least.  It has been a taste of having three kids in the house, and the pace really does pick up.  I am thankful we got the mini-van when we did, and watching the kids interact has been a treat.  Oh yes, there are the occasional wrestling matches, a three year old really can evaluate the situation and know how to get under the skin of the next person, and Rachel can boss some boys around quite a bit, but the week really went by quickly!

Kevin got back Friday night and will be in St. Louis on Monday for a conference.  There are plans to watch a Cardinals game while being there, but he says it is just a bunch of financial analysts getting together and talking numbers and statistics, maybe he says those things just to make me feel better.  

Daniel had his first dentist appointment today, and Kevin got a chance to take him.  He did really good, no cavities, and he got all this cool stuff from the office.  I don't remember balloons or dinosaur toothbrushes when I was a kid. 



So I am off to be a very pregnant working woman next week.  I am happy to be connecting with folks I used to work with, although it is sad how things have changed on base after a few years, I guess you expect things to be the same as you left them.  Welcome June, a month of many birthdays and preparation for more to come.  

No comments: