Thursday, May 14, 2009

Kids and cats

After a very relaxing Mother's Day weekend, this week has been moving right along, footloose and fancy free (sorry that was a song).  But as for the feet, I painted Rachel's toenails this week and it is so funny that she loved it.  If I wear a necklace, she wants one, if I paint my toenails, she wants hers painted, what a little girl she is!  


As for Daniel, you can't really hide much from him.  Kevin took Saturday afternoon while I was away as an opportunity to make a Mother's day card for me from the kids.  He wanted it to be a secret, and when I got home we asked Daniel what they did while I was gone.  Daniel said they made a card, love the honesty.  

I have tried to be out of the house for most of the time this week, and it is for a reason.  Daniel has seemed to drop his nap, and only really naps if he falls asleep in the car.  I think I am ok with it, I just need some quiet time to let Rachel sleep her few hours, and to sit and rest.  We also did gymnastics this week, and it was a little rough for Daniel, he still gets so excited with all the fun things in the room and has a hard time listening, but I am sure after a few weeks that will settle down for him.

Things have been busy with me trying to get all the paperwork in for the week of work coming up, and Kevin has been pretty busy with work and refinancing our house.  We faced a little hiccup this week, and it is being taken care of, we just have to go up to NH this weekend to meet with our renter and get a few things signed.  Maybe we will make a little family trip of it, it is still hard to make trips up there without remembering all the difficulty we have had.  

Well, as for the cat's part of the title, here is a video of the famous Rachel Meow.  I am glad I caught it on tape, I think one day she is going to need a real cat of her own, but until then I like the stuffed ones!


4 comments:

Sandra said...

I can't stand how cute that cat meow is! I'm glad you caught that on camera too!

Shelley said...

That is the cutest. She can come play with my kitty any time she needs a fix.

Memere G said...

Rachel sure knows how to ham it up! She's got the meow down pat and the duet with Daniel's woof was too funny:) Love those babes!

One Picky Family said...

Super cute! When Bella stops eating her feet, we'll have to have a pedicure party with our girls. Then again, maybe not...