Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Mushroom Man


Now I don't know who the Mushroom Man is, but anytime Daniel is acting out a big mean character, he starts calling it the Mushroom man.  For example, we have a puzzle we are putting together and Daniel comes up to the puzzle pieces, takes a few and starts playing like they were little action figures.  He gets in a low playful tone and says "Mushroom Man, Arrrggg".  He repeats this with puzzle pieces, cars, shoes, whatever he thinks the Mushroom Man is at that moment.  Pretty interesting game.

Rachel is entering the slightly more difficult stage.  This is where she is just tall enough to reach on tables or counters or just find a way to create mayhem in general.  The harder part for me is realizing that she needs discipline.  I feel like I didn't recognize it in Daniel soon enough, but I am realizing I need to work on discipline a little earlier with her, lucky her.  Although when did the kids get old enough that they needed the discipline?  

This is the face that Rachel enjoys making and it is funny when she does it.  

Kevin has a four day weekend this weekend and we are just relaxing on this Valentine's Day.  I like the four day weekends. I got a haircut today, thanks Jenny for the recommendations and help, and the kids have only one more swim lesson to go.  I will be sort of happy to have that Saturday morning back, but we are all usually up around 7 anyways.  

This is the best way I could figure to get the ultrasound picture on the blog.  There is the little guy with his little profile.  We took Daniel and Rachel in during the ultrasound and Daniel was only slightly interested, he kept repeating that it is a boy, and Rachel was having too much fun with the equipment in the room. But none the less, there he is!!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I love your hair Morgan. It looks really cute. Hang in there...the discipline thing will click into place and remember she will be different than Daniel in this area.

Mary Thorson said...

Your hair looks great!