Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thru New Year's and Beyond

It has been a good family of four filled week.  Kevin got off early on Wednesday, because of snow, and we had the four day weekend together.  Which is good because it seems Daniel is a little more daddy clingy lately.  We stayed up late two nights in a row, all for good reasons, but it seems like the kid's don't understand when to sleep in or not.  

Here is Daniel helping me make breakfast New Year's Day.  I have been surprised how helpful he wants to be with baking and how much fun we can have together, if you don't mind it being a little more messy.  


I know this picture is blurry, I just enjoy the expression on Rachel's face.  She gets so excited about the littlest things.

Here is Daniel getting ready for the Orange Bowl game.  He stayed up to watch a little of it, well really just eat some of the chips we had, and I stayed up until a halftime, and Kevin watched the whole game.  

Kevin has been helping me out around the house organizing and cleaning up things like closets that I chose not to open because I am afraid of what will fall out on me.  Our spring cleaning is happening a little earlier.

We discovered Daniel enjoys bowling, and here is a little clip of the kids playing this morning.  We also went on base this afternoon and learned the kids did well at a real bowling alley as well.  It is nice to have another fun thing to do this winter with them.


As for the New Year, we have decided to enjoy life a little more this year.  After last year and all the weekend that were used going up to the home in NH and taking care of that, we want to explore and enjoy New England a little more.  Hopefully that means spending more time with friends, taking a few more day trips, and enjoying the kids at this season of their lives.  I feel that now that we do have kids, the time passes so much quicker than it used to, and I want to enjoy the journey better with them.  With that being said however, I do have a countdown until Spring, but I think we have a few more fun moments of winter to enjoy.  Happy New Year to you and God Bless!!