Sunday, January 18, 2009

No Title

Some weeks are blurs like this past one.  Not that we didn't do anything, or not that it was bad, just everyday life just seemed to pass on by.  Both the kids got a less than 24 hour little bug, and that didn't really affect our week.  Kevin has been working hard on a project this week, so he worked late a few nights, so that made it a little more tiring for me.  We are getting used to the new job and new role he has.  So in the mean time, it is still cold and snowy, the kids still enjoy the swim lessons, and we are taking it one day at a time.  I did have two big pieces of news from both sides of the family, my parents will be moving from Iowa to New Jersey in a few weeks, only 5 1/2 hours away instead of the 16 driving hours, and my brother and sister in law found out they will be having a little girl in June.  

Here is Daniel baking bread with me.  I have this excellent hamburger bun recipe that my mom passed along, and it actually turned out well for me.  Daniel enjoys playing with the dough, Rachel not so much.

Here are some Dad and Rachel photos.  She was pretty clingy this week and tired, so I think she is getting the last of her teeth.  
I don't quite understand why the kids want to help so much with the dishes now.  Don't they know they will be doing them for me when they get older?
The last thing to mention is that Daniel has become my little side kick on taking care of Rachel.  Questions like, where's Rachel, what's she doing, why is she crying, is she happy, demand to come here and telling her to do things are a daily occurrence.  She is pretty good at ignoring them for the most part, except for my second example below, or just being happy he is paying attention to her.

Here are two examples:


3 comments:

One Picky Family said...

Love you girlfriend! And your family.

Sandra Libby said...

Those videos are so adorable. We can relate with Caleb telling Josiah what to do...actually the demanding word is more fitting I suppose. Maybe they will be leaders some day!

Unknown said...

May I say that sends me back 25 years or so. I remember similar scenarios that happened quite often as one little boy tried to direct his little sister. I think the response from the little sister was just about the same as Rachel's.