Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snow Storms and Swimming Lessons

The title of this blog is how the week ended, but the week began with a 14 week ultrasound.  The Dr said it was the worst set of pictures he had taken in the last three years, you can't really see much so I won't post them, but the baby looked healthy, we got to see him or her move around and the healthy heart beating.   We are going to see the sex of the baby, if they cooperate at the 20 week appointment, I want to get rid of at least half of the clothes I have collecting in our basement!

The rest of the week was filled with me trying to get out of the house at least once a day, weather permitting, and just keeping up with the house cleaning and everything.  I did get out with some friends to see a movie, but I had to be careful because there was a lot of ice on the ground.  I saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and am still trying to figure out if I liked it or not, but it is a hard movie to see when you are pregnant, with you wanting to cry at anything anyway.

The most excitement of the week was with the swim lessons.  The kids were awake pretty early and ready to go, and loved being in the pool.  Daniel didn't stop kicking his legs the whole time.  The kids were in a parent and child group together and they had a blast.  I think Kevin and I had fun too.  The funny thing is that at the YMCA there is a basketball court across the hallway from the locker rooms, so right after they were done swimming they wanted to play some hoops.  For the next seven weeks the kids will be having two sports Saturdays.

Here is Daniel in anticipation of getting into the water.  He is almost old enough to try lessons by himself, but I think we have a swimmer on our hands.

Here Rachel is sporting her very cute (and inexpensive) bathing suit.  She liked it too, but she was a lot more clingy during the lesson and got cold near the end.  She was watching and laughing at Daniel most of the time, it has been such a blessing to have them play and laugh at each other a lot this week.  
This is what I think the rest of the Saturdays will look like.  The kids were ravenously hungry afterward and both napped early today.  I love swim lessons :-).

So this afternoon we are going to be having another "typical" snowstorm.  Looks like another night in and taking it easy.  I hope you all have a relaxing weekend as well!