Monday, February 4, 2008

All the little things

Here is Rachel trying to roll over, she is almost there!
I took both kids outside for a walk, and got a chance to use this super warm outift. It was a little too windy, but I count it a victory we got outside.

One of the days that Daniel didn't nap during the afternoon he crashed on the couch watching Thomas the train. I think dinner was peaceful that night.

So all the little things add up into a good blog topic. Kevin got bit by the basketball bug, and now looks forward to playing on Monday nights. It is after the kids go to bed, so I get some quiet time at home. Some things I learned:
- I tried to take both kids out grocery shopping this week and learned that it is still a little too difficult, so I will save the shopping for the weekends or only on desperate occasions.
- I also have been practicing my french horn more often and have been enjoying that.
- The weather was nice enough for me to jog this weekend and that also felt good. I may just sign up for the local Lowell half marathon in the fall, just to have a goal to work for this year.

I am not sure where the time goes, but the weeks have been going fast. Daniel has been thinking that he can pick his sister up and move her to where he want her to go, so I have been on patrol making sure he doesn't. He has been known to roll her over, I guess trying to help out. Other than that the house needs to be kept clean, meals need to be made, and naps need to be had. Hope you all have a good week!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Muddy Mama said...

I love hearing about the little things! We definitely need to catch up soon - maybe I will try to call after we have our taxes done this afternoon. Love you guys!

Mary Thorson said...

Go for the half marathon!! Wish I was there to run with you. And don't sweat the grocery store thing. I actually enjoy going by myself in the evenings because it is alone time!! Funny what we enjoy once we have kids. And your 2 are so beautiful. I love seeing them grow.