Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Life's a Blur

I know that different seasons in our lives go quick, and others go slow, and in some senses it has been quiet but a blur. Last week Kevin was gone for most of the week, and it was both easier, but more tiring. We have been enjoying doing the Wednesday night ministry at church, the kids love doing Rainbows, and we have been working on the letter of the week for the past four weeks. I took the kids out for a walk on the rail trail in Chelmsford, and here are some pictures:
Rachel truly does stop to smell the roses while...

The boys run right ahead.
The kids do love to run, often in opposite directions. I joke that God gave me all bright blondes so I could see them as they ran away from me.
Rachel had the camera here and took a great picture of the trees. I love trees.
As I mentioned we have been working on the letter of the week. Last week it was I. I put a few different stations up for the kids to work on things, and I love sitting back and seeing how the kids approach the different tasks and what they come up with.
Daniel is doing well tracing and with cutting, and Rachel is keeping up. We even did some cool crafts and science experiements. We do some from the confessionsofahomeshooler.com website, and some from starfall.com.

I did have a good birthday, by the way, and can honestly say I feel older. I will be celebrating a little more this upcoming weekend with my dad, brother and sister, as we are ready to run in the Wine and Dine half marathon. I have wanted to run in a Disney world sponsored run for a long time now, and look forward to completing it with my family, and also moving forward with them. It was a race that my brother signed up for before my mom passed away, and it has become a "lets complete it together for Mom" race. Kevin is a hero for watching the kids for the weekend, and does plan on taking them down to New Bedford with his grandparents with a little extra help.

No comments: