Monday, June 28, 2010

Myrtle Beach

Kevin has now entered into the 30's and we were able to celebrate with his family down for the week in Myrtle. It was a good trip, I didn't get burned, the kids all had fun, and it was good family time. We also were able to celebrate Father's Day down there, and cover a whole bunch of birthdays and celebrations.

Noah is a beach bum.
Rachel and Aunty Nay
The easiest way for me to get Rachel back out to the beach was to entice her with an italian ice. It matched her bathing suit.
I like this type of play pen.
We were able to go out mini-golfing with Ryan, Kristin, and Renee, and it was a good evening out.

We got back on Saturday and I went to bed around 7... honestly. I think with the full time work the week before, and then a week at the beach, it has been a full past few weeks. VBS has started, and it is a joy to watch both Rachel and Daniel enjoy it. It is fun being a part of it, even though I mess up my lines in the skit, the kids don't seem to mind. The kids are singing all the songs already, and it has only been one night. God has blessed us the last few weeks, and I am very thankful for all the family time, and the things to celebrate. I still feel like we will need to move out of our town house before the summer is over, however, but I am waiting to see how things pan out and what the next step is. And I am doing better at enjoying life in the process.

2 comments:

Mary Thorson said...

Cracks me up that your definition of a good beach trip includes the words "didn't get burned"! Joel would agree.

Renee Hogue said...

okay....so that pic of you and kev is my new all time favorite pic....you guys look amazing!! so great to spend time with you and i'm glad you didn't get burned :o)