Monday, May 31, 2010

Baby Steps


Noah has taken his first steps, and has done it earlier than 11 months, when the other two did it. His life is on fast forward, we gave him a first haircut, and he has six teeth right now. I just can't believe how fast this is going!!
Last weekend we went to NY for mom's burial, and it was good closure for me. Renee was able to come out for it, and we got to show her around Mexico, NY, and even get her a T-shirt saying Mexico, just south of TX, NY that is! It was great having her there, and it was good family time.
Some days I can't believe Mom is not here, you think you can't go through a day, and realize it has been a few months already, and we don't really know what the new normal looks like. But I know we all grieve differently, and it is going to take time, but in the mean time I am learning not to fear. I feel like the psalmist when it talks about the fear of death overcomes me, but at those times I am learning how to really stand on the Word of God. I know that death is a part of life, and that death for a Christian means that we go to our home in heaven, the place where we are truly home. It is going take more time to make that a reality, but it is good to remember nonetheless.
I have had the opportunity to go to work a little more often lately, and last Friday Kevin watched the kids, and put them to work!
We went to the beach again yesterday, and although it was tough with the Memorial Day traffic, just the family time is good.
They all like to dig holes in the dirt!



This is us waiting for some food on our way home.
This is one of those funny videos with Noah falling asleep, and the kids laughing at him. It is amazing how he still tries to eat his pretzel.

Happy Memorial Day, we're going to try to watch a parade today and enjoy the last part of the weekend. June is going to be super busy, but happy summertime!

2 comments:

Memere G said...

Looks like a fun weekend to me! The video of sleepy Noah is hysterical and should be a winner on AFHV:) Can't wait to see all of you in a few weeks!

Jamison Family said...

That's so exciting that he's taking steps. It looks like you all are having a great start to summer fun!