Sunday, April 25, 2010

Baseball and Butterflies

This week we went out to a Red Sox game and I haven't been to one of those in years. I really don't remember the last time I went in Boston without kids, so it was a good outing. The catch came when we took the commuter line in and missed the 10:44 pm train by two minutes. The next one didn't leave until over an hour later. So it was a late night, and I am still paying for it.
Here's Kevin reading at 11 at night, while we are waiting.....

Us eating ice cream at the game.

I took the kids to the butterfly place this week, and I loved the pictures of the kids here. These are my favorite types of butterflies.

This week I had some difficulty with Rachel. She was yelling a lot, and I was having a hard time handling it. In the mean time, I had been reading the Birth Order Book, (thanks Wendy), and remembering she is the middle child and being reminded of the needs of each of the children now that they are getting older. I went for a little walk just with Rachel, and was amazed how she opened up and got sweeter and sweeter as we had one on one time. I am thankful that I can now see the needs of the kids and try to help them as they need it, and hope God continues to give me wisdom as the kids change.

Kevin's parents are here for a few days this week, and the kids are enjoying the time with them. I think I am going to try to get some extra sleep this week!

3 comments:

Renee Hogue said...

LOVE the pic of you and kev!!!! You guys look great! and I"m so glad that you guys got to get away for a lil bit. have fun with the extra hands, and know that I love and miss you guys! (btw....you're children are getting cuter and cuter!!)

One Picky Family said...

Glad you are enjoying that book.

lady mommy said...

Hey you should try Gentle Discipline too...awesome book.