Monday, April 12, 2010

The Quiet

So it happened this weekend, Saturday to be precise. I didn't do anything. And it was hard. I have been trying to keep busy, trying not to think too deep, and I couldn't help it this Saturday. We had no place we had to be, Kevin wasn't feeling well, and we stayed home. And it was hard.

I think of the Bible when God was talking to Elijah. He wasn't in the loud noisy things, He was in the still quiet voice. For one reason or another, maybe it's the three kids, things aren't usually quiet. I often dream of going away just by myself, buying something nice (some sparkly shoes perhaps), or eating something good(something sweet and chocolaty), some forms of escape, but my prayer now is for peace in the midst of this time. To truly enjoy the kids, and when I find myself utterly frustrated, taking a step back. To not push to go out and do if it is not working. To allow myself some time. No pictures this time, I didn't take much this week. I am going exploring with the kids today and we are having a picnic. I come back to this place of needing to slow down often, but it is always under different circumstances. So here I go again, ready to find my peace that passes all understanding, going to the strong tower, and dwelling in the secret place of the Most High.

2 comments:

Renee Hogue said...

I love you Morgan!!! and you are ever in my prayers...so thankful to have you in my life!!! God is waiting with open arms to guide you in whatever way :o)

Mary Thorson said...

Amen sister! Thank you for the reminder.