Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Not on Vacation anymore....


We came back last Friday and hit the ground running. Noah got his first tooth, Rachel began potty training, and I started a little preschool homeschool with Daniel this week.

Noah is doing well with his first tooth. No major rashes, strange pooping, or exceptional crying. Actually he lately has been sleeping through the night....I almost feel rested in the morning!

As for Rachel, I found her motivation to potty train...the princess dress. She doesn't get to wear her princess dress(s) if she doesn't try sitting on the toilet for me, and so far she has been dry for two days. That was my mom's idea, and it is working very well. I think she likes the feeling of underwear too, and the other two entertain themselves pretty well while I focus on her.

Now on to Daniel, we take a few hours out of the day to work on this preschool homeschooling book called Bright Beginnings. It has laid everything out where we are learning everything from the Bible and manners, to math and science. He is drawing for me, and trying to write out his name. He does loose his attention sometimes, and we just continue on to the next thing. Honestly, I thought it was going to be pretty hard, but I am finding myself really enjoying the times with the kids, and watching them learn things. It is only the first week, but it is a good place to start.

Here we are investigating snow. How cold it it, what color is it, what does it taste like (keep away from the yellow snow), you know all the important things.

Princess Rachel, with her dress on, because she didn't wet her underwear.
Couldn't tell this guy was getting a tooth...
Now I am getting mentally prepared for Kevin to be away next week, and in theory we should hear about this Syracuse program soon....and now onto watching Chugginton on the computer, it's Daniel's new favorite show.



1 comment:

Sandra Libby said...

WOW Morgan! Good for you with all you got going on! We are finally working on Hannah's first teeth...MOLARS...UGH!!! No sign of any others yet...this should be interesting!