Thursday, July 9, 2009

Noah

Here are the proud sister, brother, and cousin:


I was first considering naming this post from Noah Show-a to Noah Whoa! Noah is now here, and actually came on his due date. So he was born 7/7/2009, 8 lbs 1 oz, 20 1/2 inches long,and at 9:57 in the morning.
Without going into too much detail, I wanted to share the birth with you. I kept thinking he was going to come earlier, and as I mentioned before we were staying close to home and not doing much. On Tuesday morning around 7 I started feeling some contractions, but they were like 8-9 minutes apart, and although stronger I was debating calling it in, because all of the false labor I had been feeling. But I called it in, and we went in just to see if we were all set, and the contractions even stopped for like 10 minutes so I was doubting. We went in and got set up at the screening station, I gave them all my info and I was on a monitor, but nothing was really changing. As I sat there watching TV, all of a sudden my water broke!

I yelled for Kevin, and the contractions were right on top of each other. The labor and delivery ward was full, it was a full moon and July has been busy month, so they scrambled to get a room for me. I got into the room, and nurses were in the hall getting things together, but not too worried. Kevin had to go into the hall to tell them I was in full labor, ready to push the baby out. Within 15 minutes Noah was here. I didn't even get an IV and it happened so quick!! He has a little congestion because he came out so quickly, but he is so perfect. I am so thankful to God that we went to the hospital at that time, I probably wouldn't have made it there if my water broke at home, and that my sister was in town to help out with the other two.

So far recovery is going very well, and the only thing lacking is sleep, which will probably be a long time in coming. Noah nurses well, and is pretty content in his busy surroundings, but we are so happy to have him here!! Kevin has posted more pictures on his facebook account, and we will be sure to have picture updates coming soon. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!

6 comments:

Jamison Family said...

Congratulations! Love all the pictures and so glad that everyone is doing well.

One Picky Family said...

Congrats!! Lots of hugs!!

Shelley said...

Congratulations. I can't wait to meet him. I have a present for him. Let me know when you will be back to church so I can bring it to you.

Sandra Libby said...

Congratulations! Welcome little Noah. We can't wait to meet you!

Mary Thorson said...

Welcome Noah!!! Another great story Morgan. I am so glad that you made it to the hospital.

Renee Hogue said...

what a beautiful family!!!