Sunday, November 9, 2008

The kid's kitchen


A few weekends ago we freed up space in the kids room, and I put Rachel's kitchen set in there, with the kid's table.  We go up to their room so Daniel can make me some breakfast, any time of the day, and I usually throw in some really food for them to snack on.  

I think this is cute, because Rachel does make the "mmmm" sound as she pretends to eat, she enjoys all food, real or imaginary.  
Here are both kids eating at the table.  I do have to help Rachel up, but she enjoys eating with Daniel, and we are working on the sharing of the food.  Daniel kept on filling the plates with goldfish this morning.  
Here is a little outfit Rachel got for her birthday, and for a while it was big on her, but now it fits. I think for me it is always a surprise when my kids grow out of an into clothes that I have been waiting for them to wear.  I also just bought her some kid sneakers, and she was getting used to walking with shoes that have a flat bottom.  It was cute to watch her work it out.   
Kevin has a four day weekend this weekend, so I am blessed to have him around a few more days.  We always have a long list of things to do over these extended weekends, and we have already done a few things already, so I am looking forward to more family fun.  We bought a DVD player for the car, for our long trip to VA coming up, and I got a new pan to cook on, my other ones have been in long need of replacement.  Have a good week everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, I saw you were going to Virginia...when are you going? For Thanksgiving? If so I'll be traveling out of state too but it would be sad to find out you were coming close by and I didn't get to see you guys!