Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Butterfly place


It is Thursday, usually I go out on Friday's and I clean on Thursday, but I didn't want to do that today.  Partially because it has been so cold out this week it is hard to do anything outside, and I will clean tomorrow in preparation for our Thanksgiving trip coming up.  So on a cold day, I thought this place called the Butterfly Palace located just 15 or so min away would be perfect.  It is indoors, warm, and relaxing.  Well, relatively relaxing with two kids. So we headed out.

We were the only ones there for a majority of our visit, and there were butterflies everywhere.  They also have little birds that Rachel couldn't point out quick enough.  It was fun to watch them explore and look around.  One butterfly tried to land on Rachel, but she was moving too much and looked annoyed that a bug was bothering her.  But, I can't share my outings without sharing a mortified moment.  There are signs all around saying don't touch the butterflies or try to get them to land on your hand.  So I did with Daniel to the best of my ability.  There was a moment or two where Daniel got out of my reach, and there was a big beautiful butterfly that had landed on the walkway.  All of a sudden, STOMP, Daniel crushed it with his foot!  Right in the middle of the pathway near the entrance, so it couldn't be hidden.  I gasped and almost cried.  I debated just running out of there, but the guide had know it was just us there, so I mentioned it to him, and he said it was alright, that things like that happened.  Boys will be boys....right?!

Here is Daniel trying to touch some of the butterflies....

Here is Rachel with her little finger pointing out a butterfly.  That little finger was pointing all over the place today.  

I hope you all have an enjoyable Thanksgiving and we will have lots to talk about when we get back.  There is so much to be thankful for!

3 comments:

One Picky Family said...

oh, i feel your pain. Lots of badges for you today.

Unknown said...

should have taken a picture of the squashed butterfly. Its a moment!

Mary Thorson said...

Thanks for the giggle. See you can laugh about it now! Boys will be boys.