Sunday, September 7, 2008

Firsts of Fall


Ok, I had my first pumpkins spice latte this week (although I can only drink decaf lately) and have been dreaming about some large, juicy Cortland apples.  I actually did a lot of errands with the kids this week, and yes it is getting easier taking them out to multiple places, for that I am very thankful.  Our weekend was open so we went to IKEA yesterday just to walk around, and it was quite overwhelming with all the stuff.  We were looking for a certain bed for Daniel for a little later in life, but going there was fun in itself.  It has been a little harder for me lately not to want to be at the next place in life, dreaming of what it is like to have kids fully potty trained, having our own home to decorate and settle into, maybe even getting a bigger car for the kids, and was wondering, what do we do in the mean time?  What do we do when we know we aren't exactly where we will end up, but don't know what to do while we are here.  God has been ministering to me in that area lately, because everything around me is saying, enjoy where you are at.  At church today we talked about Jeremiah 29 and dealing with the Israelites in captivity, telling them to be fruitful and work with what you are given (Morgan paraphrase).  So I shall.  The kids are still so cute and growing more everyday.  It is football season, so that is a sign of the fall, and we have a lot going on this fall, so I shall enjoy it.  

On another note, I am now a huge fan of Jane Austen.  This past summer I read Pride and Prejudice twice, Mansfield Park, Persuasion, just finished Northanger Abbey, and will follow it up with Sense and Sensibility and Emma.  I even have a link about Austen and check it often.  I know life wasn't all easy during that time period, but to go to balls and get dressed for dinners, and to be an accomplished lady is fun to think about.  

When we went to IKEA we bought a little fold up tent for the kids, and they loved crawling into it from the little tunnel. Both Daniel and Rachel laughed hysterically chasing after each other.  
And as I mentioned before welcome football season.  I know Brady was injured today during the game, but the guys look pretty good in their jerseys!



1 comment:

Mary Thorson said...

pumpkin spice late...mmmmm....