Friday, September 19, 2008

Birthday week


I love birthdays, well I guess I love my birthday.  I don't know when you will get old enough to not want to shout to the world the day you were born, but I am not there yet.  I turned 28 on Wednesday, and it has been a good birthday week.  Yes week, we don't just celebrate the day here.  I have been warning Kevin for the past few months that my birthday was coming up.  Not that I don't trust him, but I still can't quite forget that infamous camping trip 3 years ago...on my birthday.  He seemed pretty confidant that I was going enjoy my week, so I tried not to get too excited wondering what he had planned.  So on Monday he told me to be home around noon.  I kept looking around to see if there was a big package being delivered, the mail had come and gone and nothing at my door, so I was getting skeptical.  Kevin called telling me to go to a place in the house where I couldn't see him coming in, and voila, he shows up around 12 and rings the door bell.  I open my door an to my surprise, it is my very good friend Mary who flew in from Hawaii that day! I was astonished for a few moments, wiped the tears away and Kevin was standing there with a pretty big smile knowing he had done well. 

So we have been hanging out with Mary and her beautiful 5 month old son Jesse, going jogging, went apple picking and out to dinner.  Kevin got me some nice things, and I have been receiving lovely cards and well wishes from friends and family.  Thanks to you all!  Daniel loves to open up presents now, and he know what a birthday cake is for and what to sing when you see one.  He also blows out candles very well now.  Rachel just enjoys the cake. So enjoy some of these pictures, and hope you all had just as good a week as I did!

Here is Rachel getting to know a goat.  She seems pretty excited to see animals in general and grunts and points to them.  
I am so happy my kids love apples.  And my favorite type, Cortland's, too!
Daniel was proud to have an apple in two hands most of the time.  I don't think he was able to finish one of them, but he was happy picking them.  
Here are Kevin and Rachel playing in the hay.   Daniel loved to run around the top of the hay, and I held my breath and thanked God that he didn't fall off.  
That is me also standing on top of the hay looking down at Kevin.  It is a different perspective since he usually looks down on me.  




No comments: