Monday, August 25, 2008

We Survived!

I know the title seems very dramatic, but Kevin survived being in FL during the tropical storm Fay, and I survived practically the whole week with just me and the kids.  While Kevin was battling high winds and flooding on the coast, I was battling colds, fevers, potty training, getting out of the house, and a mind numbing headache.  You pick which one you would have rather faced.  Kevin was supposed to be home by Thursday afternoon, but didn't arrive back until Saturday night.  But we survived, and I think by the end of the week, I didn't break down totally and had some fun with the kids.  We also found a new indoor playground, some good outdoor playgrounds, and I learned to be out of the house during certain parts of the day that were harder.  I visited some friends in NH, and my neighbor had me over for dinner while her husband was away for the evening.  So Kevin is back, the work week is shorter, and the kids are sleeping right now...life is good.  

My sister will be coming out this week with Michael, and we are going to have some fun with the kids over Labor Day weekend.  But can it truly be Labor Day weekend already?  I was just getting used to it being summer!  Well, I am looking forward to apple picking, warmer clothes, and pumpkin spice everything!

I didn't have too many opportunities to take pictures this week, but I did get this very cute clip of Daniel chatting away.  


No comments: