Monday, March 24, 2008

We're here

Hello from Mexico!

I don't have any pictures to share, but I wanted to update on the weekend.  We left Friday in the morning and although Daniel had a rough night the night before, we got off to a good start for Delaware.  We were just outside of NYC when we stopped for gas.  It was windy that day so as Kevin filled up I opened up the door and our directions when flying down the highway.  It was one of those "OH NO" moments.  I called my sister in law and she got me some good directions, so off we were and I shared that the kids were doing well and the traffic was fine.  About a half hour later Daniel puked in his car seat, which we were able to take care of and then we got stuck in traffic.  

So Daniel has a tough weekend, but we had an amazing time with Kevin's family.  The food was great, the laughter lots, and family time was good.  We went to go to church on Sunday morning, got a good seat and went to sit down for the mass to start.  Daniel puked right before the priest came out and I didn't have a change of clothes.  A mom in the pew over threw a burp cloth over and I caught it in the air as Kevin carried Daniel out.  Oh the joys of parenting.  

I dropped of Kevin at the airport for Florida this morning and drove up to NY with two kids.  They were great in the car, and stopping at a rest area was a little tough but we got through it.  Hope you all have a good week, I need a good rest!

3 comments:

Mary Thorson said...

Traveling with a sick kid...you deserve another badge with all the others you have earned now! Don't you think mommies should have a vest with earned patches like a girl scout or something?

One Picky Family said...

Hope your week gets better and everyone stays healthy! You get double, no wait, quadrupule patches on your mommy vest!!

Sandra Libby said...

Ok, not that I think there could be a vest large enough to hold all the patches for all the crazy things we do and say but how fun to come up with the names for those patches, huh? Puke badge, "Candy" on the finger badge, Have not slept since my first child was born badge...this could be a fun game!