Saturday, March 29, 2008

All Family, No Pictures

So Daniel, Rachel, and I were in upstate NY this past week, after our weekend trip to Easter. We spent time with my sister and brother and nephew and it is always an adventure when we travel back to where I grew up. Can you believe it, I don't have any pictures that I took of my own camera to share right now? Once I get them sent to me, I will post the Easter pictures and the NY pictures. Daniel and Michael were funny together, acting like two brothers. At each other's throat one moment, and then laughing hysterically the next. Rachel was just watching, waiting for her moment to join into the fun.

Which leads me to talk about siblings. As one batch of siblings watch the other begin to grow and bond, I can't help to wonder about the unique bond that comes with being a brother or a sister. I watched Kevin's family interact and know they have their inside jokes, childhood memories, love, and loyalty with one another. Kevin's mom brought up all their childhood books to split amongst the three and it was funny to watch them fight and decide who gets what (Kevin played some mean paper rock scissors to get his). They were laughing and remembering and it was very fun to watch.

I was able to interact with my brother and sister, and as I watch how Rachel loves to watch and intract with Daniel, I can't help to think that is probaby the same way I see my brother. I watch Daniel and Michael interact, I can't help to think my sister and I were like that in the female version. Joe took care of us as an older brother as kids, and he is still looking out for the best for us. Beau is still the "baby" of the family, but growing and finding her own way. And I can talk about the both of them on my blog, because I am the middle child and always overlooked (not really, just a little inside joke). We love each other and always will.

This is what happens when I don't have pictures, I get introspective. If you haven't heard by now, Kevin has been in Florida this past week and they had to extend his job another week. So I am holding the fort down in MA and with the kids this week. Give me a call and check in on me, I will need the adult conversations.

The other news is that I got new glasses (Daniel broke my old ones) and I feel a little more hip and cool with them. I am also beginning with putting Rachel in her crib in Daniel's room, and was a little nervous to make the jump, but I am going for it. I figure this is a good chance as any to try it.

I think March came in like a lamb and out like a lion, welcome April, and all the warmer weather you will bring.

No comments: