Monday, February 21, 2011

What can happen in a year

I was having a hard time finding some good pictures of me and my mom, and I ventured onto a Disney World trip about a year and a half ago. My what has happened in a year...


I know they say the first year is the worst after losing someone. All the little holidays, all the moments that happen, or things that change, and yet we made it through one year. I can say that I think of her everyday, and wonder what she would think about our move, our home, and how the kids are growing, but I also know that she wanted us to continue enjoying and growing. But it still hurts.

It's been a year,
we are still here,
and where did our other one go?
In heaven above
looking down in love
it's still tough for me though
The time went quick
the trials were thick
but they days still went by
In the good times and bad
My sister, brother, and dad,
were there as I wanted to cry
And now time to pick up and move
where the Lord will chose
and give Him daily my life
for it is not totally my own,
we can't do this alone
My strength is only in His might

3 comments:

One Picky Family said...

Love you!

Shelley said...

I love you Morgan. I miss you so much.

Christina said...

I'm so happy you shared pictures of your mom. Ever since I heard she had passed, I think of her often. She was such a special woman and showed such love and compassion to all of those around her. I'll never forget her driving out of her way that summer that you and I played basketball in Pulaski. I remember her so fondly and was pleased to see pictures of her. God bless, Morgan.