Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Weekend in Texas

Yesterday we got back from our trip to TX, and it was really good. We had to learn how to travel with three kids and needing a rental car with rental car seats...but I figure it can only get easier from here. The weather was nice, we had some great times with Renee, and the kids are still talking about the trip.

We went to the zoo in Tyler TX, and I was impressed. As you can see below the kids were impressed too. I love watching their faces as they see new things.

I thought this was a good picture of me.
We were in the place where you could feed the birds and they would even climb on you. It was really fun.


We had a snack at this lookout where you could be right up close to the elephants and giraffes. The kids love those two animals especially.
Renee made some beautiful jewelry, and here is Daniel helping make on for him. She even made some clip on earring for Rachel, and she loves them.
Renee has a little dog named Punkin, and the kids enjoyed playing with her, and her little cage.
In general the kids did well on the flight, but I was thankful for the little play area that Dallas had right out in front of the gate returning. On the return flight Daniel and Rachel fell asleep on landing, but again, it can only get better from here the next time we fly. Daniel has been on 8 airplane rides, Rachel 6, and Noah 3 so far. Thats the hard, and sometimes fun, part of having family all over the place.
We went and saw where Renee worked, celebrated some birthdays, and was able to experience her baptism. She braved the cold water at the local state park, and I teared up as she demonstrated her love for God with that outward gesture. I am so thankful for not only a sister in law...but also a sister in Christ.

Now it is pretty rainy and the sump pump has been going all day. I miss the sun in TX. I did sign up for another race this weekend, and am looking forward to the nicer weather around here, I know the kids enjoyed being outside a little more. Yesterday Noah stood on his own for a few seconds, you could see the look in his eye like get ready, because I will really be moving soon.

3 comments:

Renee Hogue said...

i love you morgan!! (in case you didn't know)..and i teared up too and then laughed a lil bit because for some reason i didn't fit under the water ..lol..so glad you guys could be there!

Mary Thorson said...

With all that plane experience, I think you are ready to tackle one to Hawaii!!

One Picky Family said...

I know that playground area in the Dallas airport very well. We go there about once a year on our layover to my parents. Love you!