Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back Home


Here are some pictures from the time we were in NY. We drove back yesterday just to have a full day back before Kevin had to go back to work. I squeaked in a race this morning I had signed up for a while ago, and it felt good, but not I am utterly exhausted. I think it is going to take all of us a few days to get back on schedule, but the weather was so beautiful today, it is encouraging for the spring to come.
Rachel and Hadessa hugging, the two little princesses.
Noah is pulling himself up and is crawling all over the place.
The kids blowing off some steam at a McDonalds
Look at that look in his eyes, he is ready to go!


I had some time to myself this morning and a few moments to pray, after a few more tears, I think that God knew this was going to happen, and he gave all of us the ability to handle it. My mom was a huge spiritual guidepost in my life, and often I would go to her first instead of to the Bible, so it is time for me to get stronger in that area. I had my plans, Kevin did not get into Syracuse by the way, and they fell flat on the floor, so my prayers will be different. He knows we could use a bigger place and that we would like to be closer to family, so I am going to leave the details up to God and wait until we feel like He tells us to move. One thing didn't work, but that doesn't mean there is something different in store, even better. I have a tendency to get overwhelmed by the big picture, but I can just take it one day at a time, deal with the kids and husband, and hold onto the peace that passes understanding, and run this race set before me. So I have one more race I signed up for next week, and we are going to get bunk beds for the kids, and I have a son turning 4 soon...that is more than enough to keep us going! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, they have really carried us through.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

So glad you are home and proud of you for running a race this morning!! YEAH! Just because you are home doesn't mean the prayers will stop. You are in our hearts and prayers each day and we are here for you...love you friend!

Muddy Mama said...

Morgan, you are amazing! Amazing mom, wife, daughter, and athlete too. You are in my prayers often, and I appreciate you sharing your life on this blog.