Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wild Weather

After the ice storm last week, we got hit by two snow storms this weekend. Welcome Winter. I don't mind it too much, but my car is the one that is better in snow, that Kevin needs to take to work, so I will quickly learn how to enjoy being close to home for a little while. I bought a ball pit for some indoor entertainment, and I think it will work for the next few months to keep them occupied. Daniel looks like he has a good shoveling technique.



Early this past week I was one of those folks frantically searching for a generator for the home in NH, the power was out up there for a few days, and I was blessed to pick one up at home depot, along with many other concerned home owners. Some people in this area haven't had power for the whole week. Another great thing that happened this week was Daniel moved into a twin size bed, and we have all been getting great sleep! We also visited Kevin at work and found ourselves at the grocery store on Friday where it took us twice as long to check out as it did to shop for the food. The stores were packed with people preparing for the weekend storms, which was wise looking out the window today.

Here we are visiting Kevin at work, I think I see Daniel trying to do some cost estimating in the background. Rachel just wants to find Daddy's stash of candy.
This morning we decided to celebrate Christmas a little early with the kids, and we went with my family's tradition of giving three gifts, like the wise men offering three gifts to Jesus. Daniel was very excited to open his presents, and he had to wake his father and sister up before we could open anything. We are heading down to New Bedford on Tuesday night and celebrating with Kevin's family for the rest of the week, it will be good to have everyone together.

The last thing I wanted to add was Kevin and Daniel braved the weather to go to church, and Daniel was in a kid Christmas play. I stayed home with Rachel, she is fighting a cold and needed the rest, but Kevin got a little video of him. He came home and told me he went to church and danced. I remember when our church had the children's plays when we were kids, and it is fun to think back to those times, and now watch Daniel experience them.




We hope you all have a happy and safe holiday season, enjoy the moments with friends and family!

1 comment:

Mary Thorson said...

I love that they were singing Mele Kalikimaka!!