Friday, December 12, 2008

A little about me

So a few weeks ago I got called out on a friends' blog to share seven things about me.  I haven't forgotten, just been busy, reluctant, and thinking about seven things you may or may not know.  So here it goes:

1.  I love to braid.  I taught myself how to french braid at a young age, and will braid anything in sight.  I used to get in trouble in school for braiding my hair because it looked like I wasn't paying attention, but when I am braiding, sometimes it is even absent minded, and I am paying attention.  

2.  I love sparkling things.  I will buy something just because it sparkles, and the sparkly the better.   Although it is more of an accessory sparkly love, like shoes, purses, and jewelry.  I feel like a kid even saying that.

3.  And talking about child-like obsessions, I really enjoy rainbow sprinkles.  I don't know if this falls under the sparkly thing, but on cookies and vanilla ice cream, I just think it adds flavor and fun.  I have to be honest, when I was in college I bought a "Mr. Sprinkles" rainbow sprinkles dispenser and would keep it in my bag in case I ever needed it.  When I am back in NY the only way to buy ice cream is a "small soft vanilla with rainbow sprinkles", and Byrne Dairy stores are the best place for it.  And they are not jimmies...I think it is just confusing to call them that.  They look more like sprinkles that what a jimmy would look like.  

4. Don't tell me I can't do something, it makes me even more resolve to do it.  Maybe it is something I have to mature out of, but I learned how to play the bass guitar just because someone said I couldn't pick it up.  

5.  I love music.  I actually recently bought a new (well used) french horn to get back into playing again, I played for 8 years until I went to college (sorry I didn't want to be a part of the Highty Tighty's).  I love the music in soundtracks, and could listen to classical music almost all day. That and children's music, I think it is catchy.  

6.  I like feet, and touching feet.  And for that matter I do enjoy giving people back rubs.  I don't think we have enough positive touches in one day.  

7.  I am a morning person.  I love the freshness of the day, the smell in the air, the expectation of something special for that day.  By noon the best of the day is done.  Jogging in the morning is the best, I do enjoy exercise.  Lately I haven't been able to wake up half as early as I would like, I am just really tired, but the hope that in the future I will have that time back again.   

Now that I get on seven, I feel that there is a lot more to share, but I think I hit the big parts.  I am not very good at doing these types of surveys, so this is the only time I will probably do this.  But it is fun to think about what you do and enjoy that make you unique.  So if you haven't thought of seven things, try it.  Maybe I will get Kevin to post some things....

2 comments:

Muddy Mama said...

I remember Jimmy Sprinkles! I didn't know Jimmies and sprinkles were different, but now I am educated :)

Sandra Libby said...

See, it isn't easy to stop and think about these things, is it???