Sunday, December 14, 2008

A little bit of everything this week

I feel like this past week just flew by. Kevin worked a little bit longer every day as it is the beginning of his new job, and it makes my week feel longer. I had my first Dr's appointment for the pregnancy, and it was uneventful. I think the scale at the Dr's office is higher than mine at home, I have to check the calibration at home. I did actually order a nicely used but quality french horn off of e-bay...I need to stay away from e-bay, and that came in this week, and at the end of the week was a ice storm that mildly affected us. I think Rachel grew some this week, she seems longer and Daniel is fighting a cold. We also are working on getting a twin bed for Daniel, and it has been a harder project than I thought it would be. Do we get bunk beds, a loft, a cheaper twin bed and just wait and see what we are having next, are we going to try to fit all three kids in the room at the same time? So we settled on a cheaper twin off of Craigslist but with a nicer mattress, because that will last for a while.

So this tree was blocking the only entrance and exit to our townhouse on Friday, making Kevin was a little later leaving for work. I went to three grocery stores this weekend because the first two didn't have power. The house in Barrington NH is out of power, and they say it may be a week or so until they get power back, so it was quite the storm.


I could take pictures of the kids like this all day. They look the happiest together and are the most peaceful when they are on their couch watching a show off the computer. Don't they look so content and focused?
This last video shows that although I try to be a cool mom, I am a glutton for punishment. The package I received this week came with a whole box of white packaging popcorn. I am still debating on keeping the horn, I have 7 days to decide so I left the box out for a little, and wouldn't it be fun for the kids to pay in the popcorn? Maybe they will help me clean it up. Right. The cleaning took me a whole lot longer then their attention span, but I guess it was a good memory for me.



3 comments:

Jamison Family said...

That video is so cute!

One Picky Family said...

I know all about packing popcorn...And keep the French Horn! Love ya lots!

Kim S. said...

I like the movie dialogue - especially:
Daniel: Mommy...mommy. it's Daniel
Morgan: your Daniel; good to know

That made me laugh. Your kids are soo cute Morgan. Sorry it didn't work out for us to get to see you guys.