Friday, March 21, 2014

Daniel's 8th Birthday

There are certain numbers that seem quite mature and 8 is one of them.  I am sure I will experience that sense of awe and wonder with the first kid how fast the time is going, and how proud I am of where they are in life.  Daniel got an extra special gift, a cousin was born this year on his birthday.  Renee had her first baby on Tuesday, and I can't help but remember those first days with your kid, realizing life would never be the same for you.  
 Although my kids look cute in their winter clothes, it really can be spring now, please.

 I love seeing Daniel in his basketball shirt playing piano.


For the first year, however, I am embarrassed about the birthday cake I decorated.  Those decorating classes I took oh so long ago are starting to fade, the cake was delicious, however, and it was eaten, so I guess it wasn't a total loss.

No comments: