Sunday, March 20, 2011

Daniel is 5!

Before I chat on how life changing it feels to have a five year old, I'll share a few different pictures from the last few weeks. Kevin's company had a party to celebrate being in Forbes top 100 list of companies to work for, I think they were like 78th in the country. They had a nice semi formal event and Smashmouth come and play, and we made a fun evening of it.

For the last few weeks we have been involved in the Homeschooling Co-op. Here we are in the van on the first day and the next picture is of Daniel's class. It has been very refreshing being in this group, it is a very involved organization, and there are tons of activities. This week I took the older ones to a nature center where we learned how to make maple syrup, through the LEAH (loving education at home), and it has helped me get focused at home. I also see a wide range of families at different spectrums on the homeschooling journey. It has been great.

As I type the kids are playing in the backyard. It is sooooo great to have a yard the kids enjoy playing in, and as the snow melts it is exciting to see what is growing out there! We have some strawberries in the yard, beautiful flowers coming up, and I am in the beginning stages of a garden. It has been a long time since I even attempted a garden, but I have a lot of experienced folks around to help along the way.
And yes...I have a five year old in the family now. It seem the hardest with Daniel in the sense I am the most sentimental about him. He has such an amazing view of the world, and his creativity is endless. He is the best older brother Rachel and Noah could have, and he is just really opening up, but can be so focused. He is into Transformers now, and I decorated a cake for him, it has been a few years since I had done that.
I was thinking about Matt 6:34 where it says do not worry about tomorrow, and just how to take it one day at a time. The time really goes quickly, and I am so thankful for the time we do have with family and friends, and who God has put into our lives!

No comments: