Monday, February 8, 2010

The Good and the Bad

The good news is that Kevin won an annual award this week for being the best financial analyst on the base. Last week, while Kevin was away, went well until Wednesday night when Rachel woke up with the stomach bug. It eventually went through all of us except for Kevin, who was able to come home Thursday night, and help with the puke and poop.

The good news is that we got folks in the house in NH again, and they love it up there. Kevin went up on Saturday to meet with the couple, and they are set to move in at the end of the month. The bad news on Saturday was that my mom went to the hospital, and now need surgery to take care of cancer and a problem with her liver....

You hear the worship songs in church that says that even when things are good I will praise God, and when things are bad I will praise Him. We seem to be getting a lot of both around here. The kids are doing great, Kevin is doing well, and yet my family is struggling. I don't want to be angry, but we still need to keep it one step at a time. So keep us in your prayers, and I'll keep things posted. But it's ok. The good and bad come along. I am learning that is what life really is about.

In any case, here are some pictures of the kids. I didn't get too many from last week, but they are really enjoying painting. I just wanted to point out the kid's different techniques.


I thought Rachel looked super cute Sunday morning.
Tonight Kevin and I are going on a much needed date, and we have some fun Valentine things planned for this week. I am glad we are learning about the Love of God, because that is what we all need.

3 comments:

Muddy Mama said...

We will definitely keep you and your mom in our prayers. Thanks for sharing both the good and the bad, and the perspective you have on it with God in your life. I hope everyone's stomachs are back to normal - I know how un-fun that can be!

One Picky Family said...

I can so relate to the good and the bad. I'll be praying for you, your family, and your mom. I got the dredded stomach bug on Sunday night. Not fun. Hugs my dear friend.

Mary Thorson said...

Love the painting...the difference between boys and girls. A song I always cling to "Blessed be your name" came to mind as I read your blog. I will sing with you sister.