Sunday, June 8, 2008

Week in North Carolina

We are back from our trip to North Carolina, and I didn't mention much about it earlier because it was a surprise 30th birthday vacation for Kevin's brother Ryan.  We flew direct into Raleigh and spent some time with my Aunt and Grandmother too, so it was a full fun family week.  We hadn't been to the Outer Banks before and Ryan's wife Kristin did a great job finding a house right on the beach.  It was also off season, so there weren't many people there.  Daniel and Kevin loved the beach, I didn't get burned, Rachel began crawling, so it was a busy week!!

Here is a picture of us on the last day we were there.  See how close to the ocean we were!  It was very hot too, it was high 80's low 90's most of the time.  Member's from Kristin's family were there also, and we all had fun in the big house.  

This is a little out of order, but we bought Daniel a little carry on, and it made the airport time much more fun for him.  We filled his bag with books, blankets, and diapers, the necessities for a 2 year old.  
Here is me being artsy with the photo.  Daniel would sit right down at the top of the stairs to get his shoes off and then run into the ocean.  
Here we found a park in Raleigh and were playing.  It went up to 100 degrees that day so we didn't stay out long.  
 And as I mentioned Rachel is crawling now, well scooting around.  She has such a happy personality, and overall both kids did well with the trip.  Some days they were up just way too early, but I had a lot of help with them, so that made it easier.

I have a video to post, and I will try to get a few more photos up.  But for now, it is good to be back home.  

1 comment:

Sandra Libby said...

I'm glad you guys had such a good trip! It looks like you had a lot of fun. And I am glad to have you home too!!!